Make Yeast-Raised Pastries
- August 30, 2022
- Posted by: coursesprovider
- Category: Courses
Pastry Course: Make Yeast-Raised Pastries
Pastry course – 24 hours of classroom learning and practical to learn how to make yeast-raised pastries
Make Yeast-Raised Pastries
Course Objectives: Pastry Course – Yeast-Raised Pastries
- Equipped with the skills and comprehensive knowledge to make yeast-raised pastries as well as typical varieties at their workplace.
- Comply with food hygiene regulations when making yeast-raised pastries.
- Assemble utensils, tools and appliances for making yeast-raised pastries.
- Select and prepare ingredients to make yeast-raised pastries.
- Follow the instructions stated in recipes closely to make yeast-raised pastries.
- Test the doneness, de-pan, assemble, and make yeast-raised pastries.
- Reinstate workstation in accordance with food hygiene regulations.
Course Content: Pastry Course – Yeast-Raised Pastries
- Understand the entire process in making yeast-raised pastries
- Assemble baking tools and equipment
- List and describe the functionality of ingredients used in making the variety of yeast raised products
- Use the various making methods to produce croissants (various), Danish (various)
- Name the various mixing and processing work methods for making the variety of yeast raised products
- Discuss and calculate the cake recipes using Baker’s percentage
- Prepare ingredients for making yeast-raised pastries
- Prepare, laminate and shape dough
- Prepare fillings
- Fill and ferment dough
- Bake filled/unfilled shaped dough
- Complete the baking to the required standard taking into consideration the crust, crumb color and visual eye appeal
- Evaluate baked yeast raised products by comparing and assessing the product outcome
- Cool and store yeast-raised pastry products
Learners get to bring home: Croissant, Cinnamon Twist, Apple Square, Custard Claw, Pain Au Chocolat and Victoria
Course Training Duration
Total 24 in-class training hours.
Time: (9am – 6pm)
External Venue: Bukit Merah and Havelock II
Mode of Training
The training is conducted in classroom. Each learner will have their own fully-equipped station, where they can try their hand at baking several recipes.
There will also be a live demonstration, where in-house chefs will be teaching and demonstrating the entire process live.
Participants who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
If you are interested in similar baking courses, check out our Cake Baking & Cookie Baking course.
If you are interested in other Food and Beverage or F&B Industry courses, you can check out our SkillsFuture Food and Beverage Making and Basic F&B Requirement Courses.