Make Basic Breads
- August 31, 2022
- Posted by: coursesprovider
- Category: Courses
Bread Making Class
Bread making class – 35 hours of classroom learning and practical to learn how to make simple bread
Make Basic Breads
Course Objectives: Bread Making Class
- Comply with food hygiene regulations when making basic breads.
- Assemble utensils, tools and appliances for making basic breads.
- Select and prepare ingredients to make basic breads.
- Follow the instructions stated in recipes closely to make basic breads.
- Test the doneness, de-pan, assemble, and decorate basic breads.
- Reinstate workstation in accordance with food hygiene regulations.
- Develop the ability to self-reflect and improve on own competencies through constructive feedbacks and peer learning on food & beverage trends.
Course Content: Bread Baking Class
- Function of Wheat Flour & Process of Flour Milling
- Introduction to Baker’s calculation and Local factor formulation
- Introduction to the tools & equipment used
- Introductions to French Bread & Dinner Rolls
- Prepare Sandwich & Open Top Bread, Rolls (soft/hard) and Baguette
- Bakers ingredients calculation
- Function of ingredients
- Introduction to processes
- Prepare for bread making
- Prepare dough
- Shape dough for desired products
- Proof and bake bread
Learners get to bring home: Open Top Sandwich Loaf, Closed Top Sandwich Loaf, French Bread, Soft Rolls
Course Training Duration
Total 35 in-class training hours.
Day 1-3 : (9am – 7pm) , Day 4 : (9am – 6pm)
External Venue: Bukit Merah and Havelock II
Mode of Training
The training is conducted in classroom. Each learner will have their own fully-equipped station, where they can try their hand at baking several recipes.
There will also be a live demonstration, where in-house chefs will be teaching and demonstrating the entire process live.
Participants who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
If you are interested in similar baking courses, check out our Cake Baking & Cookie Baking course.
If you are interested in other Food and Beverage or F&B Industry courses, you can check out our SkillsFuture Food and Beverage Making and Basic F&B Requirement Courses.