Dim Sum Course
- August 31, 2022
- Posted by: coursesprovider
- Category: Courses
Dim Sum Course
Dim sum 点心 has a long history and it is the Chinese style of serving an array of small plates of savory and sweet foods, that together, make up a delicious meal. The most popular dim sum dishes include Har Gow 虾饺, Xiao Long Bao 小笼包, Egg Tarts 蛋橽, Salted Egg Custard Bun 奶皇包 & Siew Mai 烧卖, made and prepared via steamed, boiled, and fried and various other style.
These dumplings, bite-sized meats, steamed buns, spring rolls, rice and noodle dishes, and creamy desserts are served in no particular order. The real fun is in sharing the different dishes, and enjoying the variety of tastes together with family and friends, chatting about old times over some traditional Chinese teas.
Come and learn the art of making that delicious and favorite dim sum of yours.
Food and Beverages Asian Delights: Dim Sum
Unit 1: Prepare Ingredients for Dim Sum Dishes
Unit 2: Prepare Dim Sum Dishes using Moist-Heat Techniques
Unit 3: Food Restrictions and Special Requirements
In summary, the course seeks to equip the relevant Chinese Dim Sum preparation skills for learners who are keen to pursue a skills-based vocation in the Chinese Culinary Food Services industry.
- Har Gow (Shrimp Dumplings) 虾饺 – Shrimp wrapped in translucent tapioca skin
- Xiao Long Bao (Soup Dumpligs) 小笼包 – Steam dumpliang with meat and soup filling
- Hong Kong Style Egg Tarts 蛋橽 – Baked pastry crust with egg custard filling
- Salted Egg Custard Bun 奶皇包 – Steam bun with salted egg custard filling
- Siew Mai (Chicken and Shrimp Dumpling) 烧卖 – Stem dumpling with chicken & shrimp filling
- Prepare, clean and trim ingredients
- Methods to cook Dim Sum dishes
- Plating of Dim Sum dishes
Participants who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Other WSQ SkillsFuture Courses that may interest you include Microsoft Office Course